Perfect for American summer holidays and backyard barbecues, this colorful salad is full of garden-fresh favorites.
Avocado & Corn Summer Salad
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||medium ears corn|
|1||cup||Houweling’s Grape Tomatoes, halved|
|1||cup||chopped red bell pepper|
|1||Tbsp.||diced red onion|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1||Tbsp.||California Olive Ranch® extra virgin olive oil|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Blanch the corn for 2 minutes in boiling water. Transfer the corn to a bowl of cold water. Cut the corn off the cobs and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and onion to the bowl. Stir to combine evenly.
- Add the chopped avocado and stir gently.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl to make the dressing. Pour over the salad and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 1233 IU; Vitamin C 46 mg; Calcium 18 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 75 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 80%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2%