All-American Recipe Contest 2014 First Place Winner in the Desserts Category. Creamy California Avocado is mixed with honey, sugar and coconut oil, nestled into mini graham crusts and topped with toasted coconut.
Avocado Tarts with Toasted Coconut
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled|
|4||mini graham cracker pie crusts|
|4||Tbsp.||unsweetened, shredded coconut|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place avocado into a medium bowl. Add lime juice, sugar, honey and coconut oil and blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Place mixture into mini graham cracker crusts and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile toast coconut in a dry skillet stirring constantly until golden brown and aromatic.
- Remove tarts from their aluminum shells and place on a serving dish. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and top with a raspberry. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow a slight thaw before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Top with whipped cream if desired.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.