California Avocado and Canadian Bacon Pizza
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||unbaked pizza dough shell, 12 inches in diameter|
|3||oz.||Canadian bacon, cut in 1/4-inch dice|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, cut into chunks|
|8||oz.||tomato, thinly sliced|
|As needed||Salt, as needed|
|3||oz.||Monterey Jack cheese, shredded|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Brush dough with olive oil; sprinkle with basil.
- Overlap tomato slices, scatter bacon and avocado over tomato.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Sprinkle cheese over pizza.
- Bake at 500 degrees F until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.