California Avocado, Blood Orange and Frisee Salad with Toasted Pecans and White Truffle Vinaigrette
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||Tbsp.||pure olive oil|
|1||Tbsp.||virgin olive oil|
|1||Tbsp.||white truffle oil|
|Salt as needed|
|Freshly ground pepper as needed|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and cut in half|
|1||Blood orange, cut into segments|
|1||Roma tomato, julienned|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Mix the vinegar and mustard; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in oils; reserve.
- To assemble salad, cut each avocado half into 3 slices; fan around the outside perimeter of the plate.
- Place the orange segments between the avocado slices; sprinkle both with salt and pepper.
- Toss the frisee with 1/2 tablespoon of vinaigrette; place in the center of the plate.
- Garnish with roma tomato and toasted pecans;drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.