California Avocado Primavera Pasta
|1 1/2||lb.||fresh spinach pasta|
|1||lb.||fresh egg pasta|
|1||each red and green pepper, seeded and julienne cut|
|2||cucumbers, peeled in alternate strips, quartered and thinly sliced|
|8||oz.||carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/8-inch diagonal slices|
|1||each zucchini and yellow crocknecked squash, quartered and thinly sliced|
|1/2||cup||ripe olives, diced|
|2||small red onions, minced|
|1/4||cup||chopped fresh basil leaves|
|3/4||cup||grated Parmesan cheese,|
|4||California avocados, seeded, peeled and diced|
|As needed||Vinaigrette (recipe follows)|
|1/2||cup||red wine vinegar|
|1/2||cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Bring water, salt and oil to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Rinse, drain and place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except avocado. Toss with vinaigrette.
- Just before serving, toss with avocado.
- Dressing Preparation:
- Combine all ingredients in bowl. Blend well.