California Avocado Shrimp and Citrus Salad
|3||lb.||shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined|
|5||grapefruit, peeled and sectioned|
|8||navel oranges, peeled and sectioned|
|2||or 3 small red onions, thinly sliced|
|3||heads leaf lettuce|
|6||California Avocados, seeded, peeled and cut into 8 slices|
|As needed||Celery seed dressing (recipe follows)|
|Celery Seed Dressing (Yield: 3 Cups)|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In large bowl, combine shrimp, grapefruit, oranges and red onion. Set aside.
- Arrange lettuce on individual serving plates.
- Spoon shrimp salad mixture onto lettuce.
- Just before serving, slice avocados and arrange on salad plate.
- Generously drizzle dressing on each salad before serving.
- Dressing Preparation
- Add first four ingredients to blender or small mixing bowl.
- Slowly add part of vinegar, blend or mixing at medium speed.
- Add the rest of vinegar and oil, beating until creamy.
- Add celery seed.