Chicken and California Avocado Salad
|1 1/2||cups||seasoned rice vinegar*|
|1||tsp.||Red pepper flakes|
|1 1/2||cups||canola oil|
|3||lb.||cooked, shredded chicken|
|3||cups||Yellow bell pepper, julienned|
|3||cups||Red bell pepper, julienned|
|2 1/2||cups||Green onion, sliced|
|4||lb.||ripe, Fresh California Avocados*|
|As needed||Green onion, slivered lengthwise, for garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Whisk together vinegar and red pepper flakes; whisk in oil. Reserve.
- Combine chicken, bell pepper and green onion; fold in reserved dressing.
- Deep fry rice sticks in 2-ounce batches for about 3 seconds; turn, then fry another 3 seconds. Drain well.
- Just Before Service: Dice avocado; gently fold into chicken salad.
- Break up fried rice sticks on serving plate. Mound 1-1/4 cups salad on top of rice sticks.
- Garnish with green onion.