Fresh California Avocado, Coconut and Pineapple Muffins
|1||cup||Unsalted butter, softened|
|4||tsp.||freshly grated lime zest|
|1 1/2||cups||sweetened flaked coconut, separated|
|1 1/2||cups||Fresh California Avocado, peeled, pitted, finely diced **|
|1||cup||fresh pineapple, finely diced|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350°.*
- Butter and flour 24 muffin cups or use paper muffin cups. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, and zest until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the heavy cream. Reduce speed to low, and slowly add the flour and salt until the mixture just comes together. Gently fold in the avocado, pineapple, and 4 oz. of the coconut flakes.
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full. Sprinkle remaining 2 oz. of coconut flakes on the tops of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating the pans half way through the baking time. The muffins are done when they are golden brown on the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*If using a convection oven, reduce heat to 300°
**Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.