Grecian Pizza with California Avocado
|1||Unbaked pizza dough shell, 9-inch|
|3/4||cup||Mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|1||oz.||Grilled chicken, diced|
|2||tsp.||Minced roasted garlic|
|4||oz.||California avocado, diced|
|1||Tbsp.||Mediterranean olives, diced|
|1/8||cup||Mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|1||oz.||Crumbled goat cheese|
|Marinated Red Onions, drained - Recipe follows|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Top pizza shell with ingredients in order listed, through goat cheese.
- Bake at 500°F until crust is golden and cheese at center is bubbly hot.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup red onion around rim, plus a small garnish in the center.
- Top with pepperocini.
- Cut into 8 slices.
- Marinated Red Onions
- Toss together 1-1/4 cups red onion half moons (1/8-inch thick slices), 1/4 cup Lemon Oregano Dressing (recipe follows) and 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley. Let marinate at least 2 hours. Yield: 1-1/2 Cups.
- Lemon Oregano Dressing
- Whisk together 5-1/2 ounces lemon juice, 3 ounces olive oil, 2 teaspoons dry oregano leaves, 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest (finely chopped) and 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard. Yield: 1 Cup.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.