Piri Piri Shrimp
|18||16/20 or larger shrimp|
|1||can coconut milk|
|3/4||cup||sambal oelek or chile garlic sauce|
|1 1/2||Fresh California Avocados peeled, seeded and mashed|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Marinate shrimp for at least 3 hours. Grill and serve with sorbet.
- To make marinade saute the garlic in the oil until golden. Add remaining ingredients except cilantro. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and add cilantro. Let steepr for about 20 minutes. Strain and cool until ready to marinate.
- To make sorbet, in a sauce pot, heat sugar, corn syrup and water and bring to a boil.
- Put in refrigerator or in a water bath to chill. In a blender, combine the simple syrup liquid with the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Put into an ice cream maker and follow directions.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.