Sizzling Chicken Salad with California Avocado Cilantro Dressing
|2 1/4||cups||olive or avocado oil|
|1/2||cup||white wine vinegar|
|1/4||cup||fresh lime juice|
|1/4||tsp.||dried oregano leaves|
|1/2||tsp.||ground red pepper|
|6||(8 oz.) whole boneless chicken breasts, split in half|
|3||California Avocados, seeded and peeled|
|1 1/2||gal.||mixed salad greens, torn into bite size pieces|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Blend together oil, mustard, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, oregano and pepper.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups mustard mixture and chicken.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- In blender or food processor, blend avocados with remaining mustard mixture and sugar until smooth. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Grill 6 inches from heat source, over medium-high heat, brushing with marinade often until chicken is done. Keep warm.
- To serve, arrange about 2 cups salad greens on individual salad plates.
- Slice 1 chicken breast half and arrange on greens.
- Top with 2 ounces avocado dressing.
- Garnish if desired and serve immediately.