Cinco De Mayo Recipes 1998
Soft Tacos Delicioso
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|12||six-inch corn or flour tortillas|
|2||lb.||boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||lemon juice|
|As needed||Salt and pepper to taste|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||vegetable oil|
|3||cups||shredded iceberg lettuce|
|3||California avocados, seeded, peeled and diced|
|1||red onion, diced|
|1 1/2||cups||prepared salsa|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Wrap tortillas in foil and keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
- Pound chicken until about 1/2-inch thick.
- Drizzle lemon juice on chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Cut chicken diagonally into 1/4-inch slices; keep warm.
- Fill tortillas with shredded lettuce, chicken, diced avocado and red onion.
- Drizzle salsa over filling and gently fold in half.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Notes: Analysis is based on corn tortillas and includes 1/8 tsp salt & 1/8 tsp pepper per serving.