Southwestern Soft Tacos
|24||tortillas, 6- to 8-inch corn or flour|
|4||lb.||boneless chicken breasts, skinned|
|As needed||Salt and pepper to taste|
|6||cups||shredded iceberg lettuce|
|5||California avocados, seeded, peeled and diced|
|2||red onions, diced|
|5||green onions, thinly sliced|
|3||cups||salsa, ranchera or picante|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Wrap tortillas in foil and keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
- Pound chicken until 1/2-inch thickness.
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Drizzle lemon juice on chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook in skillet.
- Cook 6-8 minutes or just until cooked through, turning once.
- Cut chicken diagonally into 1/4-inch slices.
- Fill tortillas with shredded lettuce, chicken, diced avocados, red onions and green onions.
- Drizzle salsa over filling and gently fold in half.