As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
If you’ve never tried grilling an avocado, it’s not too late! Don’t forget, the California avocado season lasts from Spring through late Summer. California Avocados are best for grilling when they’re ripe but still firm. You can either grill them in slices, wedges or halves.
HOW TO GRILL AVOCADO SLICES
- Cut washed avocado in half, peel, seed and slice.
- Drizzle the flesh with fresh lime or lemon juice and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Gently place the slices on a grill – you can do this over a gas grill or in your kitchen on a grill pan on medium high heat.
- Grill the slices on each side for 2 to 3 minutes until you get beautiful grill marks.
- Season with salt to taste!
NEXT, HOW TO GRILL AVOCADO HALVES
- Cut washed avocado in half and remove the seed.
- Again, drizzle the flesh with fresh lime or lemon juice and brush it lightly with olive oil.
- Gently place cut side down on your preferred grill and cook for 2 minutes or until you get grill marks.
- Then turn the avocado 90 degrees to get cross grill marks. Let it cook for 2 more minutes and remove… Season with salt to taste.
Grilled avocado halves are great when filled with your favorite California fresh flavors like mango salsa, shrimp salad, or even tomatoes and mozzarella! The options are endless.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR YOUR GRILLED CALIFORNIA AVOCADOS
You can use any sized avocado for grilling, and they’re fabulous paired with grilled poultry, meats, fish or just about any grilled vegetables! In fact, heart-healthy California Avocados act as a “nutrient booster” by helping increase the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, K and E.
Check out the video demo below to see how you can grill your California Avocados today.