An anytime tartine with all your favorites including fresh California Avocados, bacon, fried egg and pickled shallots on sourdough bread. Enjoy!
California Avocado and Olive Tapenade Breakfast Tartine
Total Time: 2 h 25 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 118 mcg; Vitamin C 27 mg; Calcium 95 mg; Iron 5 mg; Vitamin D 1 mcg; Folate 274 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.35 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 8%; Iron 30 %; Vitamin D 6%
Ingredients1 Tbsp. olive oil 4 large eggs 4 pieces sourdough bread, toasted Mashed herby lemon California Avocado (see below) Pickled shallots (see below) 4 pieces of bacon, cooked crisp and broken into chunks 1/4 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced, for garnish Fresh dill, for garnish Fresh chives, sliced, for garnish Flaky sea salt, for garnish Aleppo pepper, for garnish For the pickled shallots: 1 cup apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp. kosher salt 1 Tbsp. sugar 1/2 cup water 3 shallots, thinly sliced For the olive tapenade: 1 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted 1/2 cup niçoise olives, pitted 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves 1 Tbsp. capers, drained from brine 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 1 large garlic clove minced 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes For the Mashed herby lemon Avocado: 3 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon 1 Tbsp. sliced chives 1 Tbsp. chopped dill Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 1/8 tsp. Aleppo pepper, or to taste
For the pickled shallots:
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, salt and sugar with 1/2 cup of water and simmer over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves. Put the shallots in a pint-size jar and pour the vinegar mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using.
For the olive tapenade:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until just combined, but not pureed.
For the Mashed herby lemon Avocado:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the avocado mixture on top of the toasted bread. Top with tapenade, pickled shallots and bacon crumbles.
- Heat oil in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add egg, one at a time, and cook until edges are crisp and whites are opaque. Sprinkle with flaky salt and season with pepper. Place the egg on top of the California avocado mash. Top with a slice of California avocado, dill, chives, and Aleppo pepper.
Serving Suggestion: Side of fresh fruit.
Beverage Pairing: Coffee, tea, fresh squeezed orange juice or lemonade if you are eating it for lunch.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados