Grilled portabello mushrooms and creamy California Avocados layered between crispy lavash and a lemon-basil mayo make for a delicious vegetarian appetizer or snack.
MUSHROOM AND AVOCADO NAPOLEONS
|1||portabello mushroom cap, sliced thin|
|As needed||Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced thin|
|3||Tbsp.||Vegetarian mayonnaise (or regular mayo)|
|1/2||lemon, zested and juiced|
|1/8||cup||basil, thinly sliced|
|1||whole-wheat lavash wrap, cut into 6 equal pieces|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Lightly rub olive oil into mushroom slices, season with salt/pepper or all-purpose seasoning.
- When pan is hot, add mushroom slices and grill 3-4 minutes per side, until slightly charred.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- Add sliced lavash bread to the grill and heat 1-2 minutes per side until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Make Lemon-Basil Mayo: Combine together the mayo, lemon juice, zest, and sliced basil.
- To Assemble: Spread lemon-basil mayo on 4 slices of lavash bread.
- Stack: Lavash bread with spread, avocado slices, spinach, mushrooms, lavash bread without spread, avocado, spinach, mushroom, lavash bread with spread.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.