Sweet and creamy, delight your guests with the freshest tastes summer has to offer with our Summer Fruit Salad featuring Fresh California Avocados.
Summer Fruit Salad with California Avocado Dressing
Ingredients1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces 4 pineapple slices, cubed 1 mango, cut into two halves, peeled and cubed 1 papaya, halved, seeded, peeled and cubed 1/2 cup blueberries 1/2 cup blackberries 1/2 cup strawberries, halved 1/2 cup raspberries 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced into half rounds Dressing 3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth 1/4 cup oil (for a no-oil recipe, increase chicken broth to 1 cup) 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice 15 Italian parsley leaves 1 large shallot, cut into 4 pieces 2 tsp. honey 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard 1 Tbsp. salt 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and chopped
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, pineapple, mango, papaya and berries.
- Gently toss avocado with lemon juice. Add to salad.
- Gently toss salad. Serve with a pitcher of California Avocado Salad Dressing.
- In blender, combine all ingredients except avocado and blend until smooth.
- Add avocado and blend until mixture is creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados