Avocado Salad Flatbread Sandwich
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||Tbsp.||white wine vinegar, divided|
|1/4||tsp.||finely chopped fresh garlic|
|As needed||Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1/3||cup||chopped sweet onion|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and diced|
|4||(about 7-inch diameter) flatbread rounds, such as pita|
|As needed||Hearts of romaine leaves – as needed|
|2||oz.||shaved romano cheese** Jack or fontina cheese slices may be substituted|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together half of the vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil; reserve.
- Combine onion, tomato and remaining vinegar; reserve.
- Fold avocado into onion mixture.
- Brush each bread round with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Arrange 1 or 2 leaves romaine, depending on size, in center of each flatbread. Top with avocado salad and garnish with cheese.
- Fold filled flatbreads in half to create sandwiches; serve.
If desired, add veggie or deli meats.
Try with a glass of chilled Riesling.
Vitamin A 420 IU; Vitamin C 14 mg; Calcium 240 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 141 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15%