Enjoy some fruit and vegetables in this delicious Zucchini Bread that uses California Avocados to replace the butter or shortening.
California Avocado Zucchini Bread
Total Time: 50 min
Ingredients2 cups all-purpose baking flour 2 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg 1/2 cup mashed ripe Fresh California Avocado 3/4 cup sugar 2 Eggs 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini (squeeze moisture from the grated zucchini before measuring)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8 ½ -inch x 4 ½ -inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place mashed avocado and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until almost smooth (there will be a few lumps of avocado). Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and blend to combine.
- Pour avocado mixture along with grated zucchini into bowl with dry ingredients. Gently fold ingredients together until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool to room temperature. Slice and serve.
Variations: Try substituting 1 cup of packed brown sugar for the regular sugar for a sweeter quick bread.
Serving Suggestion: Combine softened butter with mashed avocado to make avocado butter. Spread on toasted slices of the bread.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados