Enjoy some fruit and vegetables in this delicious Zucchini Bread that uses California Avocados to replace the butter or shortening.
California Avocado Zucchini Bread
|2||cups||all-purpose baking flour|
|1/2||cup||mashed ripe Fresh California Avocado|
|1 1/2||tsp.||vanilla extract|
|1 1/2||cups||finely grated zucchini (squeeze moisture from the grated zucchini before measuring)|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8 ½ -inch x 4 ½ -inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place mashed avocado and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until almost smooth (there will be a few lumps of avocado). Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and blend to combine.
- Pour avocado mixture along with grated zucchini into bowl with dry ingredients. Gently fold ingredients together until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool to room temperature. Slice and serve.
Variations: Try substituting 1 cup of packed brown sugar for the regular sugar for a sweeter quick bread.
Serving Suggestion: Combine softened butter with mashed avocado to make avocado butter. Spread on toasted slices of the bread.