An Asian-inspired chicken salad with delicious Fresh California Avocados.
Asian Chicken and Avocado Salad
Vitamin A 821 IU; Vitamin C 83 mg; Calcium 34 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 134 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 1.4 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 140%; Calcium 4%; Iron 15%
Ingredients1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar* 1 dash red pepper flakes As needed Oil for frying 1/2 lb. cooked, shredded chicken 1/2 cup julienned yellow bell pepper 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper 1/2 cup sliced green onion 3 oz. rice sticks 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled As needed Green onion, slivered lengthwise, as needed for garnish
- Whisk together vinegar and red pepper flakes; whisk in oil. Reserve.
- Combine chicken, bell pepper and green onion; fold into reserved dressing.
- Deep fry rice sticks in hot oil in 2 batches for about 3 seconds; turn, then fry another 3 seconds. Drain well.
- Dice avocado; gently fold into chicken salad.
- Break up fried rice sticks on serving plate. Mound salad on top of rice sticks. Garnish with green onion.
Serve with chopsticks and a fortune cookie for extra fun.
Try with hot or iced green tea.
Seasoned rice vinegar contains salt and sugar.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados