An Asian-inspired chicken salad with delicious Fresh California Avocados.
Chicken and Avocado Salad
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1/4||cup||seasoned rice vinegar*|
|1||dash red pepper flakes|
|As needed||Oil for frying|
|1/2||lb.||cooked, shredded chicken|
|1/2||cup||julienned yellow bell pepper|
|1/2||cup||julienned red bell pepper|
|1/2||cup||sliced green onion|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled|
|As needed||Green onion, slivered lengthwise, as needed for garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Whisk together vinegar and red pepper flakes; whisk in oil. Reserve.
- Combine chicken, bell pepper and green onion; fold into reserved dressing.
- Deep fry rice sticks in hot oil in 2 batches for about 3 seconds; turn, then fry another 3 seconds. Drain well.
- Dice avocado; gently fold into chicken salad.
- Break up fried rice sticks on serving plate. Mound salad on top of rice sticks. Garnish with green onion.
Serve with chopsticks and a fortune cookie for extra fun.
Try with hot or iced green tea.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Seasoned rice vinegar contains salt and sugar.
Vitamin A 821 IU; Vitamin C 83 mg; Calcium 34 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 134 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 1.4 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 140%; Calcium 4%; Iron 15%