Citrus Salad With California Avocado
Ingredients3 6-inch corn tortillas 2 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar 4 oranges 1 sliced ripe California avocado 4 grapefruits 2 Tbsp. honey
- Cut tortillas in half and slice into very thin strips.
- Bake the strips by placing on a cookie sheet and baking in a preheated 325° oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Grate the oranges to obtain 2 tsps. of rind for each serving.
- Peel oranges and grapefruits, section and seed.
- In a large bowl, mix honey, raspberry vinegar, orange, and grapefruit sections.
- Add orange rinds and tortilla strips.
- Top with avocado slices.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados