These Grilled California Avocado Tacos utilize avocados as the taco filling for a smoky yet creamy twist on a go-to weeknight dish.
Grilled California Avocado Tacos
Total Time: 15 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 20 mcg; Vitamin C 30 mg; Calcium 32 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 122 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.17 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6%; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and halved 1/2 lb. cabbage, shredded 1/4 tsp. salt 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced 1/4 cup cilantro (optional) 1/4 cup jalapeno, diced (or more if you want more heat) 2 Tbsp. lime juice 1 Tbsp. olive oil 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise 1/2 Tbsp. hot sauce 8 corn tortillas 1 cup cherry tomatoes, for serving
- Pre-heat grill or grill pan to low, around 350 degrees F. Once hot, carefully grease by dipping a paper towel in oil and brushing on grates.
- Place halved avocados, skin side up on the grill and cook covered for 5 minutes, until grill marks are present. Gently remove skin from avocados and cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
- Create slaw by mixing together cabbage, salt, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno and olive oil. Set aside.
- Make spicy mayo by combining mayonnaise and hot sauce until fully combined.
- Assemble the tacos by evenly dividing the avocado slices among the tortillas. Top with slaw, spicy mayo and additional toppings of your choice.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with toppings of choice alongside black beans.
Beverage Pairing: Light and refreshing margarita.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados