These deep dark gluten-free chocolate donuts made with Greek yogurt and topped with a mocha glaze are tender and cakey, these chocolate donuts are totally swoon-worthy.
Gluten Free Chocolate Avocado Donuts with California Avocado Mocha Ganache
Total Time: 12 min
Vitamin A 151 IU; Vitamin C 1 mg; Calcium 7 mg; Iron 0.2 mg; Vitamin D 3 IU; Folate 12 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.05 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0 %;
Ingredients1/4 cup unsalted butter 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder 2 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips 1/2 tsp. coarse salt 1/2 cup water 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled 1 cup coconut palm sugar 1/4 cup Greek low-fat yogurt 1 large egg 1 cup gluten-free flour blend 3/4 tsp. baking soda California Avocado Mocha Ganache Ingredients 2 Tbsp. butter 2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. very strongly brewed coffee 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled 1/4 cup Heavy Cream 1/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baked donut pan.
- Heat water, butter, cocoa, chocolate chips, and salt in a saucepan over medium low heat, whisking to combine. Set aside.
- Add avocado, sugar, and yogurt to the bowl of a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Add the chocolate mixture and blend until well-combined. Add the egg and pulse three to five times to incorporate.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda then gently fold in chocolate mixture – in three batches.
- Pour batter into a zip top bag and cut ½ inch off one corner to create a piping bag. Pipe mixture into donut pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for five minutes before moving to a rack to cool completely.
- Once donuts are cooled (about 15 minutes), dip into the avocado mocha ganache to coat.
California Avocado Mocha Ganache Instructions
- In a saucepan, gently heat butter, cocoa, chocolate, and coffee, whisking to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add avocado and heavy cream to a food processor or blender and blend until completely smooth. You may have to stop to scrape down the sides. Once smooth, add boiling water and blend until combined.
- Return chocolate mixture to heat adding avocado mixture, one tablespoon at a time. Whisk to combine between each addition. Remove from heat and place in a wide bowl to cool.
Blogger Note: I use C4C gluten-free flour blend.
Beverage Pairing: Ice cold milk or a hot cup of joe.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados