Here’s a fun take on Grasshopper Pie with its classic peppermint and chocolate flavors, made extra creamy with California Avocados and served in shot glasses.
GRASSHOPPER PIE SHOTS
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded.|
|3||Tbsp.||pure maple syrup|
|1||tsp.||pure peppermint extract|
|3 1/2||oz.||ounces dark (70%+) chocolate|
|2||Tbsp.||cacao nibs, for garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Combine California Avocado, maple syrup, and peppermint extract in a food processor, and process until smooth. Place California Avocado mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to make and serve shots.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until fully melted.
- Put walnuts in a food processor and pulse nuts until finely chopped. Combine walnuts and melted chocolate mixture in a bowl, and stir well until nuts are fully coated with chocolate.
- Right before serving, layer California Avocado and walnut mixture into 8 (2-oz.) shot glasses. Using a narrow spoon, place a layer of California Avocado mixture on the bottom of each shot glass, followed by a layer of walnuts/chocolate. Repeat with another layer of California Avocado and another layer of walnuts, followed by a final layer of California Avocado. Sprinkle cacao nibs on top to garnish, and serve right away.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.