Switch up your normal avocado toast by swapping bread for sweet potato instead!
Sweet Potato Avocado Toast
Total Time: 20 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 1626 mcg; Vitamin C 32 mg; Calcium 89 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 130 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.17 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 180%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 6%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients1 lb. sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/4-in. thick 1 tsp. olive oil 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced 1 tsp. cilantro, chopped 1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste 1/8 tsp. pepper, or to taste 2 fresh strawberries, sliced 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat both sides of sweet potato slices with olive oil and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato slices on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 minutes then flip the sweet potatoes and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes. Test if the sweet potato has finished baking by piercing with a fork.
- Once the sweet potato slices have cooled, load each slice with the mashed avocado.
- Top half of the slices with tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper for a savory avocado toast.
- Top the remaining slices with strawberries and blueberries for a sweet avocado toast.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with additional fruit on the side for a delicious breakfast.
Beverage Pairing: Serve with a warm cup of coffee or mimosa.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados