These pancakes are a very simple version of the Beef Stuffed Green Onion Pancake Rolls that you typically find at Chinese restaurants. These are fried until crispy and golden brown, then stuffed with ripe, fresh California avocado, a smear of hoisin, crisp cucumber and a small bundle of cilantro. They are so fresh and flavorful! The contrast of textures from the crispy pancake, creamy avocado and crunchy cucumber will satisfy any appetite and the sweet and salty hoisin ties everything together.
Green Onion Pancake California Avocado Rolls
Total Time: 15 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 49 mcg; Vitamin C 12 mg; Calcium 95 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 98 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.18 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients4 tsp. olive oil, divided 4 frozen green onion pancakes (substitute with green onion flatbread or scallion Pancakes) 4 tsp. hoisin sauce, divided 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into thick slices 1 cucumber, cut into 4 spears 1 cup cilantro, torn
- In a large frying pan, heat 1/4 of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add a frozen pancake to the pan and cook until golden brown, flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes and add more oil to the pan for each pancake.
- Place one pancake on a cutting board and smear a 1/4 of the hoisin over the center of the pancake.
- Place a spear of cucumber, several slices of avocado and a small bundle of cilantro in the center.
- Tightly roll everything up in the pancake. Slice into 4 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes and filling.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with extra hoisin sauce on the side for dipping.
Beverage Pairing: Serve with a Chinese pale lager or your favorite beer.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados