Kale-California Avocado Tabouli Salad
Ingredients1 cup dry bulgur 4 lemons 8 cups finely chopped kale 3 cups chopped Persian cucumber 1 1/2 cups cups finely chopped mint 1 cup chopped scallions 1 cup olive oil 2 1/2 tsp. salt As needed pepper to taste 2 Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded As needed Cherry tomato halves (optional) As needed Feta cheese (optional)
- Soak the dry bulgur in the juice of 3 lemons for 30-60 minutes.
- Stir in the kale, cucumber, mint, scallions, olive oil, salt and pepper. Juice the remaining lemon and add to taste.
- Add cherry tomatoes if using.
- Let salad marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- When ready to serve, cut avocados into large chunks and place on top of salad. Sprinkle with feta cheese if using. Serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados