|1||(7-ounce) jar dried tomatoes in oil|
|1||large sweet onion, thinly sliced|
|1/4||cup||fresh basil leaves|
|1/4||cup||pine nuts, toasted|
|1/4||cup||shredded Parmesan cheese|
|1||(12-inch) Italian bread shell|
|3||large California avocados peeled and sliced|
|1||(3-ounce) log goat cheese|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Drain tomatoes, reserving oil.
- Saute onion in 1 tablespoon reserved oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Process tomatoes, remaining reserved oil, garlic, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Spread tomato pesto over bread shell; top evenly with onion, avocado, and goat cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.