Get your sushi fix at home! This quick and easy tuna sushi bowl is packed with radishes, carrots, cucumber, seaweed and avocado then drizzled in a spicy avocado wasabi dressing.
Tuna Sushi Bowl with Avocado Wasabi Dressing
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|For the Sushi Bowl|
|1||cup||white rice, cooked|
|6||oz.||sushi grade tuna, raw, chopped into small pieces|
|4||radishes, thinly sliced|
|1||cucumber, thinly shaved|
|1||carrot, chopped into 3 inch sections, then thinly sliced|
|1||green onion, chopped|
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced|
|2||sheets||dried seaweed, cut into thin strips|
|2||Tbsp.||prepared pickled ginger|
|1||Tbsp.||sesame seeds, for garnish|
|For the Dressing|
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocado|
|1||Tbsp.||rice wine vinegar|
|Water, to thin|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place the rice in the bottom of a bowl.
- Arrange the remaining ingredients for the sushi bowl on top of the rice.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor, Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary and adding as much water as needed to get the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the sushi bowl.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 590 mcg; Vitamin C 49 mg; Calcium 128 mg; Iron 6 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 160 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 70%; Vitamin C 80%; Calcium 15%; Iron 30%; Vitamin D 0%