California Avocado and Ahi Tuna Tartare
Total Time: 15 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients2 tsp. wasabi paste, or to taste 3 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar 2 Tbsp. lemon juice 1 Tbsp. soy sauce 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped, optional 1/3 cup vegetable oil 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced 12 oz. Ahi tuna 2 cups baby spinach 1 cup Julienned daikon radish, optional 1 cup Julienned carrot 1 pear, thinly sliced As needed Deep-fried strips of egg roll wrapper or wonton strips, for garnish As needed Chives, for garnish
- To make dressing, whisk together wasabi, vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce and garlic; whisk in oils.
- Combine avocado and tuna, then gently fold in enough dressing to coat the mixture.
- Arrange on baby spinach leaves; garnish with daikon, radish, and pear.
- Scatter top with friend egg roll wrapper strips or wonton strips and chives.
- Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
Serving suggestion: Serve with warm brown or white rice for a poke bowl variation.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados