California Avocado and Ahi Tuna Tartare
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||wasabi powder|
|3/4||cup||seasoned rice wine vinegar|
|3||large cloves garlic, chopped finely|
|1 1/4||cups||vegetable oil|
|1/4||cup||asian (toasted) sesame oil|
|12||California Avocados (6 lbs.)|
|4 1/2||lb.||Ahi tuna|
|As needed||Baby spinach for garnish|
|As needed||Julienned daikon for garnish|
|As needed||Julienned carrot for garnish|
|As needed||Thinly sliced pear for garnish|
|As needed||Deep-fried strips of egg roll wrapper for garnish|
|As needed||Chives for garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- To make dressing, mix wasabi with water, let stand 10 minutes.
- Whisk together wasabi, vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, and salt; whisk in oils.
- Per order – Mix 1/2 diced avocado with 3 ounces coarsely chopped tuna.
- Gently fold in 2 tablespoons reserved dressing.
- Arrange on baby spinach leaves; garnish with daikon, radish, and pear.
- Scatter top with deep-friend strips of egg roll wrapper and chives.