With 3 simple ingredients, these no bake avocado fudge truffles are sure to be a favorite and can easily be customized with a variety of your favorite toppings.
3-Ingredient Dark Chocolate California Avocado Truffles
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 1 mcg; Vitamin C 1 mg; Calcium 9 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 11 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.02 g.
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6 %; Vitamin D 0%.
Ingredients6 oz. high-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped (see notes) 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded peeled and mashed (approx. 3/4 – 1 cup) 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract 1/8 tsp. sea salt (optional) Optional for finishing: Maldon flaked sea salt Cacao/cocoa powder Freeze-dried raspberries Shredded coconut Hemp seeds or any other nut or seed
- In a double boiler, melt the roughly chopped chocolate. You can also microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the avocado, vanilla extract and salt (if using) to a large bowl and use an electric hand mixer or add to a food processor. Mash with a fork or process the avocado until there are no more chunks.
- Add the melted chocolate to the bowl (or food processor) with the avocado and mix until well-blended together and there is no avocado visible.
- Chill the mixture for 20-30 minutes until it’s firmed up enough to roll.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball using your palms. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- If using optional finishing, put the cocoa powder, crushed dehydrated raspberries, shredded coconut, etc. on a separate plate or in a shallow bowl. Roll the balls in the cocoa powder until they’re completely covered. Or skip the cocoa powder or raspberries and just sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Will keep for up to 3 days.
Notes: The author prefers 85% dark coconut sugar sweetened chocolate. If you prefer sweeter, look for more like 70% dark or use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Serving Suggestion: If using optional finishing, put the cocoa powder, crushed dehydrated raspberries, shredded coconut, etc. on a separate plate or in a shallow bowl. Roll the balls in the cocoa powder until they’re completely covered. Or skip the cocoa powder or raspberries and just sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
Beverage Pairing: Pair with some refreshing sparkling water, or a glass of dry red wine to enhance the chocolate flavors.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados