This Avocado Hummus with Bacon is a nice change from traditional hummus.
Avocado Bacon Hummus
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||jalapeño, (optional half or whole)|
|1||can||chickpeas, (aka garbanzo beans), 15 oz., drained|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and halved|
|1/4||cup||grapeseed oil, or avocado oil|
|2||Tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|3||strips||bacon, crisp, and crumbled|
|Scallions, or cilantro for garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place garlic, jalapeno and cilantro in your food processor and pulse a few times until it is minced.
- Add in the chickpeas and avocado drizzling in oil and reserved liquid from the chickpeas as you pulse.
- Add in lime juice and pulse some more, add in salt (red pepper and tahini if using) and run the machine until your hummus is nice and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. If thick, add in a little more oil to achieve the texture you desire.
- Scoop into serving bowl, top with a little grapeseed or avocado oil, red pepper, crumbles bacon and Cilantro or scallions.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with pita chips or veggies within 20 minutes.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 9 mcg; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 30 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 62 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8 %; Vitamin D 0%