|24||potato latkes (recipe to follow)|
|24||oz.||honey smoked salmon, chunked|
|24||oz.||California Avocado Salad (recipe to follow)|
|175||strands of cilantro micro green|
|Mini Potato Latkes (Yield: 24 small latkes)|
|2||Tbsp.||chives, finely chopped|
|Salt (approximately 1 tsp.), to taste|
|6||medium Colorado potatoes peeled, small shreds/box grater|
|4||oz.||white onion, grated|
|As needed||Canola spray|
|California Avocado Salad(Yield: 24 1-ounce servings)|
|4||oz.||Key lime juice (about 12 Key limes)|
|3||Tbsp.||natural cane turbinado sugar|
|4||oz.||Sweet Colorado Onion, fine julienned|
|2||Tbsp.||sweet piquant chile peppers, finely minced|
|1||Tbsp.||jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely minced|
|16||oz.||Fresh California Avocados*, peeled, seeded, diced (about 4 California Avocados)|
|1||bunch cilantro, chopped|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
To assemble one appetizer:
- Place a warm latke on an appetizer plate.
- Top with 1 oz. honey smoked salmon and 2 tsp California Avocado Salad.
- Garnish with 2-3 strands of cilantro and 2 drops of avocado oil.
Mini Potato Latkes
- In mixing bowl, mix together beaten eggs, corn starch, chives, black pepper and salt.
- Add the shredded potato and onion to mixture and mix well.
- Spray a medium-hot plancha, griddle or skillet with canola oil, then place 1 heaping tablespoon of the potato mixture on hot surface (latke size should be between a quarter and a silver dollar). Sear for 3-4 minutes each side. Keep warm.
California Avocado Salad
- Mix Key lime juice, sugar, salt, onions, chile peppers and jalapeño peppers together. Let sit for 5-6 minutes to “pickle.”
- Add diced California Avocado and cilantro. Toss together gently.
- Add salt if necessary. Cover with plastic wrap (air tight), and hold until ready to use.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.