Ingredients24 potato latkes (recipe to follow) 24 oz. honey smoked salmon, chunked 24 oz. California Avocado Salad (recipe to follow) 175 strands of cilantro micro green 4 oz. avocado oil Mini Potato Latkes (Yield: 24 small latkes) 4 Eggs, beaten 1/3 cup corn starch 2 Tbsp. chives, finely chopped 1/2 tsp. black pepper Salt (approximately 1 tsp.), to taste 6 medium Colorado potatoes peeled, small shreds/box grater 4 oz. white onion, grated As needed Canola spray California Avocado Salad(Yield: 24 1-ounce servings) 4 oz. Key lime juice (about 12 Key limes) 3 Tbsp. natural cane turbinado sugar 1 tsp. salt 4 oz. Sweet Colorado Onion, fine julienned 2 Tbsp. sweet piquant chile peppers, finely minced 1 Tbsp. jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely minced 16 oz. Fresh California Avocados*, peeled, seeded, diced (about 4 California Avocados) 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
To assemble one appetizer:
- Place a warm latke on an appetizer plate.
- Top with 1 oz. honey smoked salmon and 2 tsp California Avocado Salad.
- Garnish with 2-3 strands of cilantro and 2 drops of avocado oil.
Mini Potato Latkes
- In mixing bowl, mix together beaten eggs, corn starch, chives, black pepper and salt.
- Add the shredded potato and onion to mixture and mix well.
- Spray a medium-hot plancha, griddle or skillet with canola oil, then place 1 heaping tablespoon of the potato mixture on hot surface (latke size should be between a quarter and a silver dollar). Sear for 3-4 minutes each side. Keep warm.
California Avocado Salad
- Mix Key lime juice, sugar, salt, onions, chile peppers and jalapeño peppers together. Let sit for 5-6 minutes to “pickle.”
- Add diced California Avocado and cilantro. Toss together gently.
- Add salt if necessary. Cover with plastic wrap (air tight), and hold until ready to use.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados