California Avocado and Shrimp Omelet
Ingredients6 eggs 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided 1/4 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, diced 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter 3 oz. bay shrimp 3 parsley sprigs
- Beat together eggs, parsley, 3/4 of the lemon juice, salt, and hot pepper sauce; reserve.
- Gently toss avocado with remaining lemon juice; reserve.
- Heat butter in an omelet pan.(Use a large omelet pan for four or more servings.)
- Pour egg mixture into pan.
- Cook over medium heat, lifting edges and tilting pan to allow uncooked egg to run under, until set but still moist on top.
- Scatter reserved avocado and shrimp over omelet.
- Fold omelet in half; heat another minute or two.
- Slide onto a warmed serving plate; garnish with parsley sprigs.
- To serve, cut omelet into wedges.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados