California Avocado and Shrimp Omelet
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||Tbsp.||lemon juice, divided|
|1/8||tsp.||hot pepper sauce|
|1||ripe Fresh California Avocado, diced|
|3||parsley sprigsLarge avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado, sometimes called a 40 count or 48 count avocado, averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Beat together eggs, parsley, 3/4 of the lemon juice, salt, and hot pepper sauce; reserve.
- Gently toss avocado with remaining lemon juice; reserve.
- Heat butter in an omelet pan.(Use a large omelet pan for four or more servings.)
- Pour egg mixture into pan.
- Cook over medium heat, lifting edges and tilting pan to allow uncooked egg to run under, until set but still moist on top.
- Scatter reserved avocado and shrimp over omelet.
- Fold omelet in half; heat another minute or two.
- Slide onto a warmed serving plate; garnish with parsley sprigs.
- To serve, cut omelet into wedges.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.