California Avocado Beet Salad
|6||baby beets, roasted|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded|
|1||cup||fresh wild baby arugula|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Slice beets about 1/4 inch thick, set aside.
- Slice avocados to about the same thickness.
- Drizzle 1/4 of the lemon juice on avocado, set aside.
- Add the olive oil, remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk to make the vinaigrette
- Toss the arugula with the vinaigrette.
- Arrange avocado and beet slices on top of arugula.
- Alternate beet, avocado, beet, avocado.
- Drizzle the leftover oil-acid mixture over the salads.
- Fresh ground black pepper is a nice salad topper.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Copyright © 2011, Adrian Halmagean