Hatch Chile Frittata with California Avocados
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|2||Hatch chiles, roasted*, peeled, stemmed, seeded and chopped|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced|
|3/4||cup||shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or cheese of choice)|
|1/2||cup||1% low-fat milk|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sauté onions in olive oil until soft. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute; cool.
- Gently toss avocados with lemon juice.
- In a well-greased 10-inch oven-safe frying pan or casserole dish evenly scatter onions and garlic, Hatch chiles, avocados and cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk and salt together. Gently pour over the ingredients in the pan and shake gently to distribute evenly.
Bake until frittata is almost firm in center, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into wedges.
Serving Suggestions: Garnish with grape tomatoes. You can also vary this recipe by adding additional vegetables such as artichoke hearts and chopped spinach. Add additional eggs and increase pan size as needed.
Beverage Pairing: Delicious with fresh summer ruby grapefruit juice.