California Avocado & Mango Poke
Ingredients6 Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced* 6 mangos, peeled, seeded, sliced 6 cups watercress, trimmed, rinsed and dried 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves 1 1/2 cups green onions, sliced 1 1/2 cups daikon radish sprouts 1 1/2 cups Poke Vinaigrette (recipe follows) Wasabi furikake, to garnish Poke Vinaigrette (Yield: 1-½ cups) 1/2 cup rice vinegar 3 Tbsp. lime juice 4 tsp. grated ginger 1 tsp. red jalapeno, seeded, minced 1 tsp. wasabi powder 5 Tbsp. soy sauce 4 tsp. mirin 4 tsp. sesame oil 5 Tbsp. blended oil (70% canola, 30 % extra virgin olive oil) Salt and pepper, to taste
- Macerate wasabi, ginger, and jalapeno in vinegar and lime juice for 5 minutes. Add mirin, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Slowly drizzle in blended oil while whisking to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more wasabi if needed.
- Place the watercress, cilantro leaves, green onions, and mango slices in a bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss gently to combine.
- Season the avocado slices with salt and pepper.
- Divide half of the watercress-mango mixture on 12 plates. Top each with half of the avocado slices. Divide the remaining watercress mango mixture on the plates and top with the remaining avocado slices. Top each with daikon radish sprouts and sprinkle with furikake. Serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados