California Avocado & Miso Ginger Soba Noodles
|Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Celery (recipe follows)|
|Miso Ginger Vinaigrette (recipe follows)|
|Marinated Soba Noodles (recipe follows)|
|4||cups||(2 1/2 oz.) arugula|
|6||Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 6 wedges, lengthwise|
|2/3||cup||(3 1/2 oz.) watermelon radish, peeled, thinly sliced|
|Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Celery|
|(Yield: 3 cups)|
|2||cups||(10 oz.) Japanese cucumbers, sliced 1/8"|
|1 1/3||cups||(5 oz.) celery, sliced 1/8"|
|6||Tbsp.||rice wine vinegar|
|1/2||tsp.||turmeric, freshly grated|
|Miso Ginger Vinaigrette|
|(Yield: 1 ½ cups)|
|5||Tbsp.||(2 ½ oz.) rice wine vinegar|
|6||Tbsp.||(3 oz.) orange juice, freshly squeezed|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||white miso|
|1 1/2||tsp.||minced garlic|
|1/2||cup||(4 oz.) canola oil|
|1/4||cup||(2 oz.) sesame oil|
|1/2||tsp.||black pepper, freshly ground|
|Marinated Soba Noodles|
|(Yield: 10 cups)|
|1 1/2||cups||(12 oz.) Miso Ginger Vinaigrette|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Celery
- Combine rice wine vinegar, turmeric and salt in a large bowl.
- Add cucumber and celery slices and mix to combine. Let sit for at least 15 minutes; refrigerate until needed.
Miso Ginger Vinaigrette
- Place rice wine vinegar, orange juice, honey, white miso, garlic, ginger and salt in a food processor. Process for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- With machine running, slowly add oils until emulsified.
- Add orange zest and black pepper and mix just until combined.
Marinated Soba Noodles
- Bring 6 quarts of water and 2 Tbsp. of salt to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- Immediately drain noodles and rinse with cold water until cool to the touch. Drain completely and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place noodles in a large mixing bowl and pour in Miso Ginger Vinaigrette. Mix until noodles are well coated with vinaigrette.
Assemble, per order:
- Place 1 cup Marinated Soba Noodles in a serving dish. Top with ⅓ cup arugula and ¼ cup Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Celery.
- Arrange 3 wedges of avocado and watermelon radish slices on top.
- Evenly dust with ½ tsp. furikake.
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.