California Avocado & Miso Ginger Soba Noodles
IngredientsQuick Pickled Cucumbers and Celery (recipe follows) Miso Ginger Vinaigrette (recipe follows) Marinated Soba Noodles (recipe follows) 4 cups (2 1/2 oz.) arugula 6 Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 6 wedges, lengthwise 2/3 cup (3 1/2 oz.) watermelon radish, peeled, thinly sliced 2 1/2 Tbsp. furikake Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Celery (Yield: 3 cups) 2 cups (10 oz.) Japanese cucumbers, sliced 1/8" 1 1/3 cups (5 oz.) celery, sliced 1/8" 6 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar 1/2 tsp. turmeric, freshly grated 1/4 tsp. kosher salt Miso Ginger Vinaigrette (Yield: 1 ½ cups) 5 Tbsp. (2 ½ oz.) rice wine vinegar 6 Tbsp. (3 oz.) orange juice, freshly squeezed 2 Tbsp. honey 1 1/2 Tbsp. white miso 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic 1 Tbsp. minced ginger 3/4 tsp. kosher salt 1/2 cup (4 oz.) canola oil 1/4 cup (2 oz.) sesame oil 1 Tbsp. orange zest 1/2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground Marinated Soba Noodles (Yield: 10 cups) 19 oz. soba noodles 6 qt. water 2 Tbsp. kosher salt 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) Miso Ginger Vinaigrette
Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Celery
- Combine rice wine vinegar, turmeric and salt in a large bowl.
- Add cucumber and celery slices and mix to combine. Let sit for at least 15 minutes; refrigerate until needed.
Miso Ginger Vinaigrette
- Place rice wine vinegar, orange juice, honey, white miso, garlic, ginger and salt in a food processor. Process for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- With machine running, slowly add oils until emulsified.
- Add orange zest and black pepper and mix just until combined.
Marinated Soba Noodles
- Bring 6 quarts of water and 2 Tbsp. of salt to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- Immediately drain noodles and rinse with cold water until cool to the touch. Drain completely and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place noodles in a large mixing bowl and pour in Miso Ginger Vinaigrette. Mix until noodles are well coated with vinaigrette.
Assemble, per order:
- Place 1 cup Marinated Soba Noodles in a serving dish. Top with ⅓ cup arugula and ¼ cup Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Celery.
- Arrange 3 wedges of avocado and watermelon radish slices on top.
- Evenly dust with ½ tsp. furikake.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados