This show-stopping California Avocado Rose Salad is sure to impress your guests, with its fresh and colorful ingredients, and a delicate avocado rose that will elevate any meal. Learn how to make an avocado rose.
California Avocado Rose Salad
Total Time: 45 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 230 mcg; Vitamin C 82 mg; Calcium 103 mg; Iron 5 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 236 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.33 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 90%; Calcium 8%; Iron 30%; Vitamin D 0%
IngredientsCalifornia Avocado Rose Salad Ingredients 8 tightly packed cups of mixed greens 1 lb. asparagus, grilled and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 1/2 cups steamed or roasted yellow beets, chopped 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped 1/2 cup crumbled vegan feta or ricotta 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled 6 leaves of fresh basil, to taste and garnish 1/8 tsp. lemon zest, to taste and garnish Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients 12 oz. fresh strawberries (about 2 cups), chopped 1/4 cup olive oil 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp. maple syrup 1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste 1/8 tsp. pepper, or to taste
California Avocado Rose Salad Instructions:
- Slice an avocado in half crosswise, remove the pit, carefully peel the skin off. Then lay one half flat-side side down on a cutting board. Starting at one end and using a sharp knife, carefully thinly slice the avocado from top to bottom (vertically across). Then, gently start to spread out the slices between your fingers turning it into a long avocado chain. Starting at one end, start to spiral it up to form a rose.
- Add the avocado roses on top, with the lemon zest and fresh basil. Then serve.
Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing Instructions:
- Add the strawberries, olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup salt, and pepper into a blender. Increase speed from low to high until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, grilled asparagus, beets, fresh strawberries, vegan feta, and pecans.
- Set aside until ready to dress the salad.
Serving Suggestion: Enjoy as a side dish, or add a protein of your choice, such as grilled chicken, to create a delicious, well-balanced meal.
Beverage Pairing: Pair with a glass of refreshing sparkling water.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados