This version of an old standard has a contemporary twist. Fresh avocado in crunchy, spicy sauce makes a cocktail sure to be a taste pleaser for those in search of flavor.
California Avocado Shrimp Cocktail
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||Tbsp.||thick, chunky tomato salsa|
|2||Tbsp.||seafood cocktail sauce|
|2||Tbsp.||diced seedless cucumber|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||chopped cilantro|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||lime juice|
|2||California Avocados (1 pound), diced|
|30||large (21 to 25 count per pound), cooked shrimp with tails|
|6||lime slices for garnish|
|6||sprigs cilantro for garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Thoroughly combine salsa and next 5 ingredients; gently fold in avocado.
- Chill mixture 1 hour to marry flavors. (Mixture is best served the day it's made.)
- To serve, divide avocado mixture among 6 stemmed glasses.
- Hang 5 shrimp, tails outside glass, around each rim.
- Garnish each with 1 twisted lime slice and 1 sprig cilantro.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.