This Grilled California Avocado & Fig Flatbread Pizza puts an unexpected and delicious twist on both pizza and avocados.
Grilled California Avocado and Fig Flatbread Pizza
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 69 mcg; Vitamin C 6 mg; Calcium 42 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 29 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.05
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients16 oz. pre-made pizza dough 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled, sliced 1/4 cup crème fraiche or sour cream 1 cup arugula 3 ripe figs, sliced 1/4 cup parmesan cheese 1 tsp. olive oil 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar 1/8 tsp. salt, to taste 1/8 tsp. pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.
- Stretch pizza crust by hand into a 12-14 inch oval shape.
- Lay crust on the grill for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked enough to flip. Continue cooking and flipping for about 7 more minutes. Watch for burning and move the crust to a cooler area of the grill to cook the center.
- When the crust is about 3 minutes from finished, slice avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut each half into 4 slices, leaving the skin on.
- Place the avocado slices on the grill, cooking 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Once grilled crust is completed, transfer to large platter. Assemble the pizza by spreading crème fraiche over the crust, and remove skin from avocado slices, placing the avocado slices on the crust. Sprinkle with arugula, top with sliced figs, Parmesan cheese, drizzled olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Serving Suggestion: Season lightly with salt and pepper and slice into squares.
Beverage Pairing: This delicious dish goes hand in hand with a glass of Prosecco.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados