Chipotle Guacamole Eggs Benedict
Total Time: 4 min
Ingredients1 ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled 1/2 chipotle pepper, seeded and minced 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice 1/8 tsp. salt, divided 1/8 tsp. ground pepper 1 tsp. vinegar 4 large eggs 4 whole wheat English muffins, split 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco As needed Minced cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl, smash the avocado with the back of a fork. Stir in the chipotle pepper, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fill a large skillet with water to three-quarters full and set over medium heat. Bring the water to a simmer and add vinegar (any kind will do) and salt.
- Crack the eggs directly into the water. Make sure the water remains at a simmer, adjusting the heat as necessary.
- Cook for 3 minutes to achieve a perfectly poached egg. Using a slotted spoon, remove each egg from the water and blot on a paper towel to remove excess water before transferring to serving plate.
- Toast the English muffin halves and place two on each plate.
- Divide the guacamole and queso fresco evenly between the English muffins.
- Top each English muffin with a poached egg. Garnish with cilantro. Serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados