Chipotle Guacamole Eggs Benedict
|1||ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled|
|1/2||chipotle pepper, seeded and minced|
|1/2||tsp.||fresh lime juice|
|4||whole wheat English muffins, split|
|1/2||cup||crumbled queso fresco|
|As needed||Minced cilantro, for garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In a medium-sized bowl, smash the avocado with the back of a fork. Stir in the chipotle pepper, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fill a large skillet with water to three-quarters full and set over medium heat. Bring the water to a simmer and add vinegar (any kind will do) and salt.
- Crack the eggs directly into the water. Make sure the water remains at a simmer, adjusting the heat as necessary.
- Cook for 3 minutes to achieve a perfectly poached egg. Using a slotted spoon, remove each egg from the water and blot on a paper towel to remove excess water before transferring to serving plate.
- Toast the English muffin halves and place two on each plate.
- Divide the guacamole and queso fresco evenly between the English muffins.
- Top each English muffin with a poached egg. Garnish with cilantro. Serve.