An amazing decadent triple chocolate quick bread that is moist, rich and so delicious, with a special secret ingredient—California Avocados! It is so fudgy and tasty.
You guys, I am a huge fan of avocados, and put them on just about everything. But sometimes I get more than I can use after they all ripen which aren’t as great for cutting up into salads, sandwiches, guacamole etc. So, what do you do with those avocados that are just a little too ripe? A little too soft?
Well, just like bananas, I love using my riper avocados in quick breads. Ripe California Avocados are the perfect ingredient because they add a healthy fat that makes quick breads moist, soft, tender, and so richly decadent you will never want to make them any other way. Be sure to check out this guide for how to ripen avocados and to get some tips and tricks for buying them at the perfect stage for your needs.
Now, let’s talk about this quick bread: California Avocado and chocolate have always been an awesome pairing. I love using it in my Super Moist Texas Sheet Cake, and knew when I was staring at a basket full of really ripe avocados that a chocolate quick bread was in my future.
This particular quick bread has a triple threat of chocolate, with a delicious chocolate bread base, studded with milk chocolate chips and then topped a third layer of semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you love buttery, creamy avocados, and chocolate, this is the bread for you!
Triple Chocolate Avocado Quick Bread Recipe
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup butter
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2/3 cup ripe California Avocado
½ cup milk chocolate chips
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder together. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Add ripe California Avocado, eggs and milk to the sugar mixture, and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture, and stir until just combined
- Add milk chocolate chips, and fold in. Reserve semi-sweet chips for later.
- Pour into greased bread pan
- Bake 55-60 minutes until cooked through
- Remove from oven, and poke the semi-sweet chocolate chips into the top while it is hot.
- Let cool completely, slice, and enjoy!