Corvina Sea Bass with Corn & California Avocado Salsa
Ingredients3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil 1 1/2 lb. Corvina sea bass, cut into 2 oz. pieces 1 Tbsp. Salt 1 Tbsp. Ground pepper Aji Amarillo Sauce (recipe follows) Cilantro Avocado Sauce (recipe follows) Avocado & Corn Salsa (recipe follows) Aji Amarillo Sauce (Yield: 1 ½ cups) 3/4 cup Yellow onion, chopped 1 tsp. Garlic, chopped 4 tsp. Grapeseed oil 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. aji amarillo paste 5 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. queso fresco cheese 5 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. nonfat milk Cilantro Avocado Sauce (Yield: 1 ½ cups) 4 cups Cilantro 1/2 tsp. Aji amarillo paste 1 tsp. Queso fresco cheese 1 tsp. Garlic, chopped 3/4 tsp. White vinegar 1/2 tsp. Lemon juice 5 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. plain yogurt As needed Salt and pepper, to taste 1 Ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded Avocado & Corn Salsa (Yield: 1 ½ cups) 1 cup Roasted corn kernels 1/4 cup Ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and diced ¼” 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. red onion, diced ¼” 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. cilantro leaves, chopped 1/2 tsp. Garlic, minced 2 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp. Lemon juice As needed Salt and black pepper, to taste
Aji Amarillo Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
Cilantro Avocado Sauce:
- Place all ingredients except avocado into a blender. Puree until smooth. Add avocado and continue to puree until smooth. Transfer to a squeeze bottle.
Avocado & Corn Salsa:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and lightly toss together until well incorporated.
- Preheat a flat top griddle to 350°F. Coat the griddle with the olive oil. Season each piece of fish with ¼ tsp. of salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. Arrange the 2 oz. pieces of corvina, skin side up, on the griddle. Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fish pieces and cook for an additional minute or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove from heat.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. of Aji Amarillo Sauce onto each plate.
- Squeeze a 2 Tbsp. squiggle of Cilantro Avocado Sauce over the Aji Amarillo Sauce on each plate.
- Place 1 piece of corvina on top of the sauces on each plate.
- Garnish each with 2 Tbsp. of the Avocado & Corn Salsa. Serve immediately.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados