Corvina Sea Bass with Corn & California Avocado Salsa
|3||Tbsp.||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 1/2||lb.||Corvina sea bass, cut into 2 oz. pieces|
|Aji Amarillo Sauce (recipe follows)|
|Cilantro Avocado Sauce (recipe follows)|
|Avocado & Corn Salsa (recipe follows)|
|Aji Amarillo Sauce (Yield: 1 ½ cups)|
|3/4||cup||Yellow onion, chopped|
|2||Tbsp.||+ 1 tsp. aji amarillo paste|
|5||Tbsp.||+ 1 tsp. queso fresco cheese|
|5||Tbsp.||+ 1 tsp. nonfat milk|
|Cilantro Avocado Sauce (Yield: 1 ½ cups)|
|1/2||tsp.||Aji amarillo paste|
|1||tsp.||Queso fresco cheese|
|5||Tbsp.||+ 1 tsp. plain yogurt|
|As needed||Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||Ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded|
|Avocado & Corn Salsa (Yield: 1 ½ cups)|
|1||cup||Roasted corn kernels|
|1/4||cup||Ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and diced ¼”|
|2||Tbsp.||+ 2 tsp. red onion, diced ¼”|
|1||Tbsp.||+ 1 tsp. cilantro leaves, chopped|
|2||tsp.||Extra virgin olive oil|
|As needed||Salt and black pepper, to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
Aji Amarillo Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
Cilantro Avocado Sauce:
- Place all ingredients except avocado into a blender. Puree until smooth. Add avocado and continue to puree until smooth. Transfer to a squeeze bottle.
Avocado & Corn Salsa:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and lightly toss together until well incorporated.
- Preheat a flat top griddle to 350°F. Coat the griddle with the olive oil. Season each piece of fish with ¼ tsp. of salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. Arrange the 2 oz. pieces of corvina, skin side up, on the griddle. Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fish pieces and cook for an additional minute or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove from heat.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. of Aji Amarillo Sauce onto each plate.
- Squeeze a 2 Tbsp. squiggle of Cilantro Avocado Sauce over the Aji Amarillo Sauce on each plate.
- Place 1 piece of corvina on top of the sauces on each plate.
- Garnish each with 2 Tbsp. of the Avocado & Corn Salsa. Serve immediately.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.