Crab Cakes with Tomatillo California Avocado Salsa
Total Time: 5 min
Ingredients1/3 cup chopped green onions 1/4 cup mayo 2 large eggs 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon peel 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice 1 cup panko Japanese bread crumbs 2 tsp. salt 2 tsp. pepper 1 lb. lump crabmeat 6 Tbsp. butter 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced 1 lime, zested and juiced 1 tsp. honey 1/4 cup cilantro 1/4 cup diced white onion 4 medium tomatillos, halved and roasted
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in large bowl and season with 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of pepper.
- Add in crab meat and carefully combine with your hands, making sure not to break up the lump pieces of crab.
- Form into bite sized cakes with your hands.
- Saute cakes in butter, over medium high heat, for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Combine the avocado, lime juice, lime zest, honey, cilantro, onion and roasted tomatillos in a food processor. Blend until fully incorporated. Serve with crab cakes.
© 2011 What’s Gaby Cooking
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados