Crab Cakes with Tomatillo California Avocado Salsa
|1/3||cup||chopped green onions|
|1||Tbsp.||finely chopped fresh chives|
|1||Tbsp.||finely chopped fresh cilantro|
|1||Tbsp.||finely grated lemon peel|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|1||cup||panko Japanese bread crumbs|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced|
|1||lime, zested and juiced|
|1/4||cup||diced white onion|
|4||medium tomatillos, halved and roasted|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in large bowl and season with 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of pepper.
- Add in crab meat and carefully combine with your hands, making sure not to break up the lump pieces of crab.
- Form into bite sized cakes with your hands.
- Saute cakes in butter, over medium high heat, for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Combine the avocado, lime juice, lime zest, honey, cilantro, onion and roasted tomatillos in a food processor. Blend until fully incorporated. Serve with crab cakes.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
© 2011 What’s Gaby Cooking