Crisp California Avocado Lobster Rolls
|1||lb.||California avocado, diced|
|2||cups||coarsely chopped cooked lobster meat*|
|3||Tbsp.||finely chopped sun-dried tomato (packed in olive oil)|
|3||Tbsp.||Finely chopped shallot|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||finely chopped garlic|
|2||Tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|1/4||tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|12||egg roll wrappers|
|As needed||Olive oil - as needed|
|As needed||Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)|
|As needed||lime slices - for garnish, optional|
|As needed||cilantro sprigs - for garnish, optional|
|*Coarsely chopped, poached sea scallops can be substituted for lobster meat.|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Gently fold together avocado and next 7 ingredients; reserve.
- Brush edges of 1 egg roll wrapper with egg. Put a scant 1/3 cup filling 1 inch down the edge of the wrapper. Fold in sides; brush sides with egg. Roll. Seal tightly.
- Refrigerate on a parchment-lined sheet pan dusted with cornstarch, covered, for at least 45 minutes. Rolls can be made up to 8 hours ahead of service.
- Shallow fry 1 roll in hot olive oil, turning frequently, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Serve with 3 tablespoons dipping sauce; garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs.
- In a blender, combine 4 ounces peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped Roma tomatoes, 3/4 cup chopped cilantro, 2/3 cup rice vinegar, 2/3 cup soy sauce, 2/3 cup fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic and 1-1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger; puree. With machine running, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil. Reserve. Yield: 3 Cups.