The California Avocado
|1||Fresh California Avocado|
|1||oz.||cooked lobster meat|
|2||oz.||cheese (your choice)|
|2||cups||all purpose flour|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Combine the juice of one lime and 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro in a shallow bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half, length-wise. Remove pit and carefully scoop out flesh.
- Immediately coat the two avocado halves in the seasoned lime juice to prevent discoloration.
- Chop lobster meat and dice cheese.
- Carefully place ½ of the lobster and ½ of the cheese into each avocado cavity.
- Put flour and buttermilk into two separate bowls.
- Carefully dip each stuffed avocado half first into buttermilk, and then into the flour.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Season with salt.
- In separate bowl, combine heavy cream, 2 Tbsp. cilantro, salt and the juice of 1 lime.
- Pour creamy citrus sauce over plated avocados.
To read more about Chef Blythe Beck, click here
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.