The California Avocado
Ingredients1 Fresh California Avocado 1 oz. cooked lobster meat 2 oz. cheese (your choice) 1/4 cup chopped cilantro 2 limes, juiced 2 cups all purpose flour 1/2 cup Heavy Cream 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Combine the juice of one lime and 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro in a shallow bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half, length-wise. Remove pit and carefully scoop out flesh.
- Immediately coat the two avocado halves in the seasoned lime juice to prevent discoloration.
- Chop lobster meat and dice cheese.
- Carefully place ½ of the lobster and ½ of the cheese into each avocado cavity.
- Put flour and buttermilk into two separate bowls.
- Carefully dip each stuffed avocado half first into buttermilk, and then into the flour.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Season with salt.
- In separate bowl, combine heavy cream, 2 Tbsp. cilantro, salt and the juice of 1 lime.
- Pour creamy citrus sauce over plated avocados.
To read more about Chef Blythe Beck, click here
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados