Easy Navajo Tacos
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|As needed||Oil, for frying|
|1||(10-count) tube of Flaky Dinner Rolls|
|1||cup||sour cream, divided|
|1||tsp.||chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, minced|
|2||cups||refried beans, warmed up|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced|
|3||cups||finely shredded Romaine lettuce|
|1||cup||shredded sharp Cheddar|
|2||green onions, diced|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil to 375 degrees F.
- With your fingers and hands flatten out each dinner roll to about ¼-inch thickness (they puff up when fried). Fry rolls one at a time in hot oil, turning the bread over until it is lightly golden brown on each side. Remove from oil and let drain on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine half of the sour cream with the chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce. Blend until combined.
- Build your Navajo Tacos by smearing about 1/4 cup of refried beans on the fry bread, followed by a little bit of the spicy sour cream sauce, diced California Avocado, lettuce, shredded cheese, tomato, sour cream, and a little bit of green onions on top.
- Continue with the remaining fry bread and ingredients.
Note: Leave out the spicy sour cream sauce if you don't like it spicy.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 1638 IU; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 133 mg; Iron 2.5 mg; Vitamin D 4 IU; Folate 71 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.19 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 26%; Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%