Easy Navajo Tacos
Total Time: 35 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 1638 IU; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 133 mg; Iron 2.5 mg; Vitamin D 4 IU; Folate 71 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.19 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 26%; Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
IngredientsAs needed Oil, for frying 1 (10-count) tube of Flaky Dinner Rolls 1 cup sour cream, divided 1 tsp. chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, minced 2 cups refried beans, warmed up 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced 3 cups finely shredded Romaine lettuce 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar 1 cup diced tomatoes 2 green onions, diced
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil to 375 degrees F.
- With your fingers and hands flatten out each dinner roll to about ¼-inch thickness (they puff up when fried). Fry rolls one at a time in hot oil, turning the bread over until it is lightly golden brown on each side. Remove from oil and let drain on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine half of the sour cream with the chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce. Blend until combined.
- Build your Navajo Tacos by smearing about 1/4 cup of refried beans on the fry bread, followed by a little bit of the spicy sour cream sauce, diced California Avocado, lettuce, shredded cheese, tomato, sour cream, and a little bit of green onions on top.
- Continue with the remaining fry bread and ingredients.
Note: Leave out the spicy sour cream sauce if you don’t like it spicy.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados