If you love sweet and savory flavors, you’ll love this grilled flatbread sandwich layered with Fresh California Avocado, deli meat chicken and fresh peaches. It’s summer on a sandwich. And you can feel good about eating this sweet treat because it is loaded with nutrition including an excellent source of protein and vitamin C at 50% Daily Value (DV), along with potassium, calcium, iron, dietary fiber, and vitamins C, B6, B5 and K.
Grilled Flatbread Sandwich with Chicken, California Avocado & Fresh Peaches
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||(7-in.) flatbread, cut in half|
|1||slice pepper jack cheese|
|1||Tbsp.||seeded, chopped jalapeño|
|2||slices deli chicken breast|
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced|
|1||peach, peeled and thinly sliced|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Slice the flatbread in half. On one half of the flatbread, spread the peach preserves.
- On the other side of the flatbread, layer the pepper jack cheese, jalapeño, chicken breast, avocado slices, and half of peach slices.
- Place the two halves together.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat. Heat the sandwich on each side until lightly browned and the cheese is melted – about 4 minutes total.
- Serve with the remaining peach slices.
Note: Can also be made in a Panini maker
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a crisp romaine salad.
Beverage Pairing: Peach Iced Tea.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 728 IU; Vitamin C 29 mg; Calcium 192 mg; Iron 3.6 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 194 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 20%; Iron 20%