Green Eggs and Sam with California Avocado
|3||cups||kale leaves, stems removed and chopped|
|6||Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded|
|24||oz.||lox salmon, sliced|
|4 1/2||cups||Hollandaise Sauce|
|As needed||Kosher salt, to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Split each biscuit in half and place the halves cut side up on a baking sheet. Toast the biscuits for 5-7 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven, set aside.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat until boiling. Add the chopped kale and blanch for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain the kale.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter. Working in single batches, add ¼ cup of the blanched kale, season with salt, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the kale softens.
- Scramble 3 of the eggs and add to the pan with the kale. Stir often with a rubber spatula until eggs are just cooked, but still very moist.
- Place the egg/kale scramble on the bottom half of a biscuit. Top with 2 oz. of the lox salmon. Slice ½ of an avocado and fan this over the salmon. Pour 6 tablespoons of hollandaise sauce over egg/salmon/avocado stack. Top with remaining biscuit half.
- Repeat the process. Serve immediately.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.